Monday, March 12, 2012

c'est la vie.

2012 has definitely NOT let me down.  These few short months have been some of the wildest.  Well for starters, I moved . . . again.  I'm starting to get tired of this gypsy lifestyle.  But I think I got it right this time.  I moved in with Abby, the love of my life (she's in the hygiene program with me) and then also the lovely, Miss Chanelle (she's kind of a big deal).  Abby just tied the knot a few weeks ago so our roommate shindig was kinda short lived but at least I get to see that pretty face on the daily at school.  I have thee absolute best ward there ever was.  Morningside, holla! I didn't think it was even possible to love a ward as much as I love mine.  My bishop is the bees knees.  He just gets me and that is why we are bffs folks. The end. 

You've been punked!  You can come out now Ashton. The story doesn't end here.  You're in for a real treat.  My first week at my new ward I met my other half.  We like to call her Morgan.  She is basically God's gift to man, or in my case, woman.  We hit it off and then I forced her to move in and now we share a bathroom.:) Yup, life can't get any better than this.  

School this semester has been . . . HARD.  I have been sick 90% of this semester and it really has taken a toll on me.  I've been to the doctors twice now and just can't seem to ditch my chronic smoker's cough.  I'm sure my classmates are tired of me interrupting class to cough up a lung every 20 seconds and blowing my nose through all of our midterms.  Sorry kiddos.

I have been struggling trying to find motivation to study and stay focused lately.  I think this has something to do with the nice, warm weather we have been experiencing, playing way too hard and lack of sleep. We started working on real life patients at the end of January.  It was terrifying at first but now I'm starting to get the hang of it.  I mean who wouldn't get a kick out of scraping calculus off of other people's teeth?  Its the most exhilarating and satisfactory feeling seeing your before and after results.  Call me a weirdy, but it puts a smile on this girl's face.

  We also just started administering nitrous and giving injections.  I don't know how I ever lived without nitrous.  Its heavenly.  Injections aren't nearly as awful as I had imagined, knock on wood.  I'm actually starting to feel like a hygienist now . . . and almost have 1 year completed of school.  Best feeling in the world.  
1st time on nitrous.:):)

My very first victim, Britt. 

Ms. Caton showing that nitrous hose whose boss. Work it girl.

I was born to give maxillary anesthetic.

Britt's turn.  And I took it like a champ.

I recently took up a new hobby this year.  Its called "Working Out."  Heard of it?  It consists of sweating your guts out at the gym and being so sore the next day that you can't even roll out of bed.  Sounds like a dang good time, right?  My personal trainer, Luke kicks my butt, literally.  I cry and complain and moan and tell him how much I want to punch him in the face the entire time as he ups my weights and reps and makes me run faster on the treadmill than my legs are even capable of.  And then afterwards, I tell him how awesome I feel and that I love him and his workout routine.  And then we repeat it all again the next day.  Healthy relationship, huh?  I have a love/hate relationship for the gym as you can tell.

Did I mention that my best friend forever, Sky Pie Pterodactyl Chloe Dunn got hitched February 18th?  Pretty sure she just needs to quit her day job and be a bride 24/7!  This girl is model status and looked absolutely stunning on her special day.  And get this!  She even let me be apart of it!  Be jealous.  I am so stinkin' happy for the new Mrs. Winegar and her hubby, Cam.:)
My bff Vaughn and me at Sky and Cam's reception.

Miss Whit and me doing what we do best.:)

Spring break 2012 has officially started! It was well over due and I plan on partying non-stop this entire week.  A few of the girls in my class and me are heading to So. Cali on Wednesday to get in some beach time and Six Flags.  I am stoked out of my mind!  This trip couldn't be more needed at this very moment.  

2 comments:

  1. Case. I just love you so much. I dunno what I would do without you in my life. That's one thing about being all grown up and married.. Ha I love Cam and living with him. But I miss our crazy times living together too. Gosh dang it. Come have a sleepover with me so we can make animal noises all night long. Please and Thank you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just put the absolute biggest smile on my face! I still can't believe that you are MARRIED! Well I can, but sometimes I just miss our Case Face and Sky Pie play dates. We should probably schedule one of those in the very near future, just sayin.:) And I wouldn't want to make animal noises all night long with anyone else but YOU! We are having a sleepover soonish, so count on it pretty girl! I just love you sooooo much and I'm gonna be a copy cat and say it right back to you..... I dunno what I would do without you in my life! But seriously! I absolutely adore you and your darling little family so much! Yep, I said it.:) Love you the hardest Sky Pie!:)

    ReplyDelete