Friday, October 14, 2011

life as we know it.

Holy Hot Pocket! This past week has been crazy busy! Last minute Saturday morning, Crystal, Kylee and I road tripped up to SLC to see Miss Jenessa who is on break visiting from Baylor. While up north I was able to cross off a few things from my bucket list. Attend a Utah game, check. Haley's roommates were kind enough to let us borrow their school id cards so we could sit in the MUSS. What the heck is the "MUSS?" All that matters is that you know that heeled boots and the MUSS = No bueno. Ouchie! Learned my lesson real quick. Utah played ASU. The Sun Devils spanked us real good, but we were just happy to be there and reunited once again.

After the game we had a dinner date at Macaroni Grill, mmm. Hands down, I have the most amazing best friends a girl could ask for. Be jealous.

Later that night we met up with Brock and his friend, who we will call Fred cause I can't even remember his name, oops. Bad Casey. I was dragged against my own free will, kicking and screaming to Nightmare on 13th. Whose great idea was this? I was practically hyperventilating and secretly crying just waiting in line to buy my ticket. Kacy, Cory, Kacen, Andy and some of their friends also met up with us. Looking back now, after barely surviving this traumatizing experience, the white knuckles, and losing my voice, it was well worth the $20 and not half as scary as the Haunted Hospital in Cedar. 

Sunday morning we went to breakfast at Denny's before J had to catch her plane back to Texas. Dang, I have sure missed that girl. Not the biggest fan of long distance relationships. Kacy and Cory were car less and stranded in SLC so we, being the kind-hearted and Christ-like Latter Day Saints that we are, allowed them the privilege of riding home with us. We played this crazy game Kacy most likely made up. You name as many animals as you can starting with the letter "A" and go through the whole alphabet. It's really harder than it sounds and kept us entertained for hours.

Lloyd, me and Alex at the Marketplace.

Sunday night I repacked my bags and packed for the Annual ADA Convention at Mandalay Bay in Vegas. Kristen came down and stayed the night with me since we had to be at the school at 6:30 a.m. We rode down with Kylie and slept most of the way, we were exhausted from talking ourselves to sleep the night before. ADA was absolutely amazing and I had the time of my life. 

Condoleeza Rice spoke at the opening session, so cool! 

We walked around the Marketplace for hours looking at all the new dental products and collecting free samples of EVERYTHING! I came home with 2 huge bags of bleach, toothpaste, floss, mouth wash and anything else you can image that would get a Dental Hygiene Student all sorts of excited. Shelley won an Ipad and Lloyd won an Oral-B toothbrush, lucky duckies. I purchased my very first Philips Sonicare Tooth Brush, best investment, ever. Alex and I signed up for 2, 2 1/2 hour classes, bad idea. We were going cookoo. We were in Viva Las Vegas and sitting in class, taking notes, for a required paper for school. That should be illegal. The Nicotine class was by far my favorite class mostly cause it was only an hour long and they fed us lunch, jackpot! 
Shelley, Me, Kristen, Alex and Jessika. The RoomMates.

Monday night all of us girls and Lloyd went to The Cheesecake Factory. Britt and I shared Macaroni balls, Parmesan chicken, and Red Velvet cake, Oh Mylanta! 

Tuesday night we made reservations at PF Chang's and had our own private room upstairs. 3 words, Crispy Honey Chicken, heavenly. Wait, that's 4.

 After dinner, some of the girls and I went to Miracle Mile Shops and did a little shopping. Kass and me even purchased our first pair of Toms together, how cute are we? I absolutely love all of the girls so much! Never a dull moment. 

Wednesday afternoon we headed back to Utah. Time to finally relax from all of this traveling, right? Not. Time to repack once again, but this time for Page, Arizona. I arrived in Page at approximately 8:00 p.m. Wednesday night and we drove out to Lone Rock where camp was already set up. We made a bonfire and cooked us some jalapeno and cheese brats and star bursts, and boy was I starvin marvin. After our feast Jerett and I went on a wheeler ride, loved it! We slept in the back of Jerett's truck, burrrr. The next morning Jerett, his brother Kenny, roommate Marco and I headed out on the lake, about freakin time! Jerett insisted that we conquer "Sand King" as our morning workout, check. What the? I'm on vacation dude. 
Jerett has mad wake boarding skills, showoff.

Marco Polo and me.

Almost as good as Jerett on the board.

Marco is quitting his day job and making this his new career. I'd buy one!

We did some fishing, and wake boarding and cruising around like we were a BIG deal. I made it clear that I would be the first to catch a fishy, and I did just that, well sorta. We were in a little cove fishing and I felt a tug on my line. I yanked up on my line and started reeling in my line faster and faster. I could see the little guy squirming around in the water and reeled him in so fast that he went right up over the boat barely missing the guys' heads and landed in the water on the opposite side of the boat. Even though I have no proof or evidence that I caught a fishy, it still counts, right? 

To make the day even better, the boat battery DIED. You have got to be kidding me?! We were stranded, with not a single soul in sight to save us. The boys took turns paddling the boat until we flagged down a boat full of senior citizens cruising on by and they gave us a jump. A day on the lake and a break from school was well over due.

That night Jerett took me to a cute BBQ joint in town and we got our grub on. Needless to say, even after all of that traveling in such a short amount of time, this past week flew by.

Back to the real world. Midterms are this week and now its time to buckle down and give up my social life once again. I can hardly believe how fast this semester has gone by, already 1/2 way done. Woohoo!


1 comment:

  1. Oh Casey Wininger I miss you dearly! You are truly my best friend! I need you back in my life! ASAP! Love you to the moon and back Goatie!

    ReplyDelete